Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Saying goodbye to my childhood home

Last week I helped my mom pack up the house that I grew up in. She has finally moved and I have had o lot of emotions about it.  It was like saying goodbye to an old friend.
  I have many memories of that old place, but truly I will miss the field more than anything.  I spent just about every day in that old field, walking around the rock pile, walking stick in my hand.   I would pretend I was a great explorer discovering new mountains.  My faithful companion my cat Garfield was always at my side.  In that field I saw my first shooting star and my first moon eclipse.  The field is why I love outdoors, prairie stories, and astronomy.
  It was hard to say good bye, but a nice young couple bought the house and they are expecting their first baby.  Maybe it will be a girl.  Maybe they will get an orange cat and the little girl will learn to love outdoors as much as me.  Or maybe they will have their own great memories in that old house and field.

No comments:

Post a Comment